Heat Shrink Tubing & Sleeve is a 3:1 flexible tubing offering the advantages of integral, adhesive-lined construction. Heat Shrink Tubing & Sleeve is made from flexible polyethene with an internal layer of special thermoplastic adhesive. The heat-shrinkable outer wall is selectively cross-linked while maintaining the high flow and excellent adhesion of the inner sealant liner. When heated in excess of 121 deg C (250 deg F), the tubing rapidly shrinks to a skintight fit, forcing the melted adhesive lining to flow and cover the substrate. The adhesive forms a flexible bond with a wide variety of rubbers, plastics, and metals. Upon cooling, the adhesive solidifies, forming a permanent, non-drying, flexible and water-resistant barrier. Adhesive reflow will occur at temperatures above 80 deg C.
Features of Heat Shrink Tubing & Sleeve:
- 3:1 shrinkage ratio, suitable for irregular shape insulation and sealing.
- Medium wall thickness, while maintaining flexibility, enhanced mechanical protection strength.
- The adhesive layer can be bonded to plastic, rubber and metal.
- The initial contraction temperature is 70 C, and the total shrinkage temperature is 125 C.
- the melting temperature of the inner layer: 70 C -100 C;
- The range of working temperature: -45 C ~ 145 C
Specifications Of Heat Shrink Tubing & Sleeve:
- Colour: Black
- Material: Polyethylene
- Shrink Ratio: 3:1
- Temp: -45C up to +145C
- Longitudinal Shrinkage (Lengthwise): Less than 8 %, Insulating Voltage
- Capability: 600 volts
- Adhesive Adheres to Most plastics, metals, rubber, Continuous Operating
- 1 x Heat Shrink Tubing & Sleeve