This LM2596 Constant Voltage / Constant Current (CC/CV) regulator module is a very flexible and adaptable charging solution that can provide either a Constant Voltage (CV) or Constant Current (CC) output. With a variable output voltage range of 1.25V to 30V and variable output current from 0A to 3A, DC Buck Charger LM2596 is ideal for use as an LED or laser diode current source/driver, a battery charger, a lab current/voltage source, or to regulate the output of solar panels or wind turbines to charge energy storage batteries. LM2596 Charge Module can charge most any size lithium-ion cells to almost any voltage you need. This is an inexpensive way to charge those 4.30v and 4.35v cells, as well as life and many other cells that require different termination voltages. It is also a good way to charge smaller cells since you can almost infinitely adjust the charging current and output voltage.
Features Ans Specifications Of LM2596 DC-DC Step Down CC CV :
- Non-isolated step-down constant current, constant voltage module (CC-CV charging module)
- Input voltage: 7V to 35V. For best efficiency, the output voltage should be about 80% of input voltage
- Output voltage: Continuously adjustable from 1.25V to 30V
- Minimum Voltage difference (input V - output V): ~2V
- Maximum output current: 3A (more than 15W output, please install a heat sink)
- Constant current range: 0A to 3A (adjustable)
- Output power: 15W with natural cooling, 25W with heatsink
- Conversion efficiency: Up to 92% (Higher efficiency at higher output voltage)
- Full load temperature rise: 45 °C
- No-load Current: Typical 10mA (12V switch to 4.2V)
- Load regulation: ± 1%
- Voltage regulation: ± 0.5%
- Dynamic response speed: 5% 200uS
- Size: 47mm (L) * 23mm (W) * 14mm (H) mm
Indicators LM2596 DC-DC Step Down CC CV :
- CC/CV Red LED: Charging in constant current mode
- CH Blue LED: Fully charged
- OK Red LED: Charging in Constant Voltage Mode
- Output short circuit protection: Yes, constant current (constant current value of the current settings)
- Input reverse polarity protection: No, please comply with input voltage specifications or place an input reverse polarity protection diode in series.
- Connection mode: Soldered
Applications of LM2596 DC-DC Step Down CC CV :
- High-power (up to 3A) LED or laser diode constant current driver
- Lithium battery charger
- 4V, 6V, 12V, 14V or 24V nickel-cadmium or nickel-metal hydride battery charger
- High conversion efficiency when used with car 12V battery input
- Adjustable laboratory voltage source or current source
- Dimming devices
- Regulate the output of solar panels and wind turbines
To use the LM2596 CC/CV Regulator Module as an LED Constant Current Driver:
- Make sure of the operating current and maximum operating voltage of the LED you will drive.
- With no load connected to the output of the module (open circuit), adjust the Constant Voltage potentiometer CV to set the output voltage to the LED maximum operating voltage.
- Short-circuit the module output, and use a multimeter in 10A current scale to measure output short-circuit current, and adjust the Current Potentiometer CC to set the output current to the required LED operating current.
- Connect the LED to the module and test.
The module can drive multiple LEDs in series, parallel or in series/parallel strings, as long as the maximum voltage and current of the string does not exceed the 30V maximum output voltage and 3A maximum output current of the driver module.
To use the LM2596 CC/CV Regulator Module as a Battery Charger:
- Make sure of the charging voltage and current of the battery you need to charge.
- With no load connected to the output of the module (open circuit), adjust the Constant Voltage potentiometer CV/OK to set the output voltage to the battery charge voltage
- Short-circuit the module output, and use a multimeter in 10A current scale to measure output short-circuit current, and adjust the Current Potentiometer CC to set the output current to the expected to charge current value.
- Charge transfer lamp (CH) current default value is 0.1 times the charging current (constant current value), For lamp current adjustment, turn middle Charging Convert Light potentiometer adjustment;
- Connect the module outputs to the battery and try charging.
- 1x LM2596 CC/CV Regulator Module as an LED Constant Current Driver
Best Online shopping website for Adjustable DC To DC LED Driver Lithium Battery Charger Module LM2596 Step Down Buck Converter in cheap price in Lahore Islamabad Karachi Faislabad Quetta Sukkur Multan Rawalpindi Peshawar and all over Pakistan